Monday, April 16, 2007

On Line Image Generators














http://www.imagechef.com/ic/poem/ This is the link to the site which enabled me to make this flower. If you can read the quote you might recognise that it comes from "Alice in Wonderland".


There are a few different web sites to generate images, worth a play around.


SEWING
On a quilty note, I did some sewing over the last few days. Remember the bag I was making ... I have posted a photo for you. I used some fabric from a range that I wasn't all that excited about but when they were all put together it looked really great, hope the recipient liked it!


The dreaded Double Wedding Ring, I got to it too. When you are doing patchwork the seams generally are 1/4 of an inch. This is because patchwork has it's origins in the USA which uses the imperial system. To help patchworkers most sewing machine companies sell 1/4 inch preeser feet. These are the little feet like things that hold the fabric down. In total I have about 6 different feet, for zippers, butttons, embroidery etc. Well I was busy sewing along and kept thinking something is not quite right, you guessed it...the 1/4 inch foot I was using was the zipper foot. So now my seams are too big, as a resdult the the sewing is now sitting next to my table saying unpick me. I HATE unpicking!!!!!! I suppose that is why I got onto the computer. Nothing like procrastination.
Anyway I have made a decision...........I vow to have the quilt finished by the time I finish the 23 things learning blog!! Now I have set that in print I have to, don't I?








No comments: