Saturday, April 14, 2007

RSS FEEDS plus page elements



Well I made a blogline account and subscribed to a couple of feeds. I particulary liked the weather one, always had a bit of a fascination with weather. My home page on my computer at home is http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR023.shtml I like to see what is going on. When I was at school I did geography and we briefly touched on cloud shapes I wonder why we didn't do more weather stuff? After 5 years of learning about rice paddies I had had enough of geography so perhaps weather was taught in form 6 (year 12 to all you youngies out there.)

Whilst I have been playing around with bloglines I have been procrastinating and fiddling with a few other things, I added a page element with a link to my web page that I set up whilst at Box Hill TAFE. The link for some reason is right at the bottom of my blog.
I also read some of the blogs by other people in the library. Wow they are really good, I posted some comments on them, it seems a lot of travel is done by library people. It must be my turn soon.

Well I guess we did go away at Easter. Warrnambool, although not exotic is certainly a great place for a holiday. We did a lot of walking, we saw a light and laser show, played some tennis and just relaxed. The light and laser show was really interesting, it was all about the Lochard. A boat that sank in the area killing all but 2 people about 150 years ago. One of the survivors Tom Pearce actually survived three shipwrecks before dying in an accident on land. Can you imagine getting into a ship after one sinking? I wouldn't, let alone after 2 then 3.

No comments: