Saturday, March 10, 2007

Helen's Blog


Hello

This is my first attempt at a blog! I will tell you a little about my hobby. I have been patch working for 20 + years, the hardest part of this hobby is to find the time. I started by doing a sampler class in Western Australia when we moved there. It was initially a way to meet people in the area, however from that class on I was hooked. At the moment I am working on a Double wedding Ring quilt, it is rather slow going as I am not used to sewing curved seams. I hope to have it finished in the next few months. Generally I hand or machine quilt my work but I have decided to get this professionally quilted as there is a lot of white space.

The picture I have added is not my quilt but similar to the Double Wedding Ring I am working on!

2 comments:

Nicole & Phil said...

Enjoy making your double wedding ring quilt. I have a king size one I made....I will never make another one....(as I find the curves a bit fiddly. It is all quilter (got a professional long arm quilter to do that for me, and now I am waiting to put the binding on. The binding is all ready to go...but I am unsure about the curved edges, and I really don't want to muck it up!
Look forward to seeing yours!
Cheers
Nicole, Berlin, Germany

catsmum said...

hi Helen
any new Blogger who figures out the picture icon on their first post gets an A+ ... but I'm dropping your grade to an A for forgetting your password :]
hope you manage to get back in cos I'd like to read more posts
cheers
Susan