Sunday, July 29, 2007

#22 Audiobooks (or "The end is in sight ")

Well you get this far and then a major trip! Why can't I open an account and download a book with NetLibrary? I would have thought with all this gained knowledge that a simple matter of opening account would not be a problem, but apparently it is. I don't know the answer but I am not too sad really.
As I said in my last post I have a MP3 player and use it everyday when I go walking. I walk for at least 1/2 an hour everyday, except Mondays when I work a long day, this gives me the opportunity to listen to books that I haven't had the chance to read. For instance not long ago I listened to Kate Grenville's, "The secret river'. I must look funny sometimes because I can be walking along and start to laugh or make an audible groan when something happens in a book. My children would argue here that the odd laugh or groan is preferable to me listening to music and walking along singing.
I also listen to audio books in the car and recently a borrower in the library mentioned she listens to audio books while she sews. Great idea, an idea I put into practice just the other day. I really love audio books they let you "read with your ears" so you can do other things as well. Fantastic!!!!

No comments: